Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants is a fine wine and specialty spirit distributor that has successfully operated in California and Hawaii since 1973. We are a goal oriented company, passionately representing ‘best of class’ family owned producers and are looking to employ passionate, business minded people. Successful candidates for the Field Sales Manager position will have demonstrated experience in recruiting, hiring, developing, and managing a team of Sales Representatives to meet/exceed sales goals and performance standards.
Summary of Duties:
The Field Manager leads a dynamic sales team within the Los Angeles Greater Westside (including Long Beach, South Bay, Venice/Santa Monica, San Fernando Valley & Paso/SLO). This position is responsible for developing sales representatives, increasing brand awareness and distribution, sales revenue and market share throughout the territory.
- Manage and grow placements and case sales within the region
- Utilize agreed upon company marketing strategies to achieve specific sales and distribution goals
- Manage multiple sales priorities
- Analyze sales activity and identify changing market conditions to maximize growth opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in managing and directing sales staff is essential.
- Cover, recruit and hire for open territories when necessary
- Create and execute brand development opportunities for each territory
- Develop and maintain relationships with all levels of the trade
- Execute supplier market visits and trade events
Requirements/Qualifications for this position:
- Minimum 5 years of fine wine sales experience with a demonstrated record of performance and regional sales force management experience
- Proven sales ability and key account contacts within the region
- Experience in selling wines from the “Old World”, CA, OR, WA, Argentina, Australia and New Zealand
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct and motivate sales staff
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Reside within the central portion of the territory
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
Chambers & Chambers offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 40lK with company matching, paid vacation and holidays. Other perks include a dog-friendly office environment, employee discounts on wine and access to world-class wine tastings and events.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**This position is not eligible for relocation.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.