Objective: The Sales Representative is responsible for building broad based supplier distribution through assigned goals, leveraging the existing account base to increase sales opportunities and capturing increased market share through superior direct calling efforts and follow up.
Scope: The Sales Representative is a member of the Sales Department and works in conjunction with the various departments within the company to insure our successfully representing our portfolio in the marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain buyer relationships at high profile and top volume accounts through direct calling efforts.
- Develop the customer base through superior knowledge of our wines, quality presentations and consistent servicing of accounts.
- Regularly conduct sales calls upon existing and potential customers within the assigned territory.
- Grow sales placements and revenue within each account by effectively targeting wine lists and retail slot opportunities.
- Execute new account goals by implementing an effective cold calling program and following up on qualified leads.
- Identify sales opportunities, challenges, and solutions.
- Effectively communicate both internally and externally to insure the timely dissemination of information, offerings, last call, vintage changes, etc.
- Conduct staff education events and distribute educational materials in support of the portfolio.
- Commit to same day responses to all customer and company communications (including will call orders)
- Execute and support supplier and company workwiths, tasting events, and promotions.
- Act a primary point person for the assigned territory’s customers with regard to order placement, order discrepancies and other issues.
- Actively review sales restrictions and allocations to insure timely response to solicitations and offerings.
- Create weekly action plan required to reach sales goals and expand customer base.
- Actively participate in monthly sales meetings, individual goal reviews and educational tours of wineries and vineyards.
- Proof of acceptable driving record and dependable vehicle.
- At least 2 years sales experience in the fine wine market, and comfort with persuasive presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Proven past sales success, ability to maximize opportunities with key accounts and existing contacts/experience within sales territory a plus.
- Experience selling wines from the “Old World”, CA, OR, WA, and Argentina.
- A professional knowledge of fine wine
- Must reside within territory.
- Must be goal oriented, well organized, wine passionate, assertive individual that is comfortable cold calling.
- A self starter that also responds well to direction.
- Proof of an acceptable driving record
- An ability to lift 40 lbs.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration