This role is a hands-on contributor who has 3 direct reports. This position manages their own accounts while overseeing the company’s entire Accounts Receivable to ensure timely collections through interaction with customers and the sales team. Manages all aspects of credit and collection process, assists credit team members to solve problems and ensures that appropriate credit terms and credit limits are set to mitigate excessive collection risk.
The Credit Manager position is part of the finance team. The position works to maintain an efficient and timely ordering process in conjunction with customer service and sales representatives.
The position reports directly to the Controller. The Credit Manager works directly with Sales Reps, Field Managers, Sales Managers, Customer Service and Finance teams. The position has daily interaction with customers and prospective customers.
Key Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with customers and sales team members to build rapport and place Chambers & Chambers in a favorable position for collections.
- Provide supervision, training for 3 credit team members
- Point of contact for credit and collection issues, assist in resolving questions, problems. Assist in establishing processes for credit team that allows for streamlined problem solving. Makes final decision on credit hold releases.
- Review and sign off on all new customer credit applications
- Reviews entire AR on a weekly basis, identifying accounts early in the process that may be collection risk, research and monitor as needed.
- Conduct and schedule monthly AR reviews with direct reports, reviewing and assisting to resolve and issues with past due invoices
- Compile monthly AR review report and review with Controller.
- Makes decisions regarding legal action of uncollectable accounts. Point of contact for collection agency of uncollectable bad debt. Keep AR customer maintenance files updated to ensure that accounts have gone to collections do not become active. Keep Controller advise of bad debts, accounts that have gone to collections, and accounts that are deemed uncollectable.
- Establish and maintain Credit Department policies and procedures in accordance with the Company’s practices and legal requirements.
- Oversee cash applications of daily receipts, ensure timely processing of deposits.
- Train new reps on credit and collection policies, tracking their accounts invoices through pocket advantage
- Review and manage the credit hold screen for assigned accounts as well as team member accounts to ensure optimal order flow. Communicate with customers and sales representatives to make informed credit decisions to minimize at risk credit exposure. Terms and risk are managed in accordance with company policy and ABC regulations.
- Participate in monthly CMA (Credit Management Association) meetings to discuss specific trends as they relate to mutual customer accounts within the industry.
Key Credit Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Manage credit and collection activities for the company’s accounts receivables. Utilize a number of tools including direct customer contact, statements, sales representative interaction and lastly, collection letters and outside agencies to ensure timely remittance of outstanding balances.
- Process credit applications:
- Review credit application for completeness
- Verify that the Alcohol Beverage Control number is valid using the license query website (CA)
- Verify the resale certificate is valid using the Board of Equalization website (CA)
- Verify the Alcohol Beverage license is from the Department of Liquor control county of Hawaii and valid. A picture or copy must be sent to keep on file (HI)
- Verify the GE TAX number is valid using the Department of Taxation – State of Hawaii website (HI)
- Check to see that the terms of agreement have been signed by the ABC licensee or an authorized person
- Run a credit report if the customer has provided a social security number and the terms have been signed by the legal guarantor, sole proprietor, principal or partner
- Contact credit references listed by the customer and submit customer information to the industry credit website for further information
- Research the company further using websites to furnish additional background or information that may affect the credit decision
- Prepare recommendations summarizing all information found and submit to the Accounting Manager noting suggested credit terms and limit; including any relevant notes or remarks
- Create a customer account in the ERP system including contacts, credit limit, terms, delivery instructions, hours of operation, etc.
- Contact the customer, sales representative, and sales manager to notify of final account details
- File completed credit application in secured cabinets
- Interacts with customers regarding disputed balances, short-payments and over-payments, unused credits, and returned checks. Ensures that these discrepancies are reconciled, and outstanding customer balances are resolved.
- Work closely with order entry and sales representatives maintaining customer contact information, delivery instructions and responding to invoice inquiries
- Discuss and present options for credit limits, customer’s financial situations and problematic orders with the Accounting Manager.
- Provide support for cash applications.
- Maintain and securely archive customer credit files in accordance with generally recognized procedures for business and personal credit information.
- Review the Finance Charge Report on a bi-monthly basis.
Chambers & Chambers offers a competitive hourly wage/salary and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 40lK with company matching, paid vacation and holidays. Other perks include a dog-friendly office environment, employee discounts on wine and access to world-class wine tastings and events.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**This position is not eligible for relocation.
Please submit resume to email@example.com for consideration.