POSITION TITLE: Corporate Accounts Manager - Northern California
LOCATION: 511 Alexis Court, Napa, CA
REPORTS TO: Director of Corporate Sales
FLSA STATUS: Exempt + Commissions
LAST REVISED: 09/16/2021
Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants is a fine wine and specialty spirit distributor that has successfully operated in California and Hawaii for over 45 years since 1973. We are a goal-oriented company working with some of the top family-owned properties from around the world and we thrive on the passion that each of those producers inspires. We have a continued growth in the Northern California Marketplace.
Summary of Duties:
Corporate Accounts Manager will be responsible for maximizing the sale of wine to corporate chains.
This position requires the ability to be an effective account manager, be able to sell in new items, communicate to store beverage managers and achieve supplier beverage needs. The successful candidate will need to meet the requirements qualification or have prior experience in the wine industry.
- Pre-plan a weekly route that includes activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier partner goals.
- Should be efficient and economical to ensure accounts are properly serviced.
- Develop plans of action on how to reach goals with monthly, weekly, and daily action plans.
- Create a weekly report mapping out previous weeks route and successes.
- Sustain and cultivate accurate territory and account records.
- Make sure all reports submitted are up to date and accurate.
- Follow in store rules and guidelines and protocols
- Be responsible for selling an account products and services as well as servicing and merchandising assigned accounts.
- Develop a partnership with your buyers in each account and reach out to key buyers to increase account penetration.
- Gain knowledge of the specific chain business operating procedures and creating diverse options for selling the company’s products to each account.
- Possess the ability to learn extensive knowledge of the brands, general wine knowledge along with the features and benefits of each wine.
- Increase real estate in the cold boxes and case stacks.
- Responsible for checking pricing on all orders and relay information to chain customer service order entry.
- Communicate and issues a customer may have along with any opportunities with management.
- Follow all company procedures and policies outlined in the company handbook.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from a four-year accredited college or university in related field or equivalent trade experience.
- 1-3 years of sales experience in the wine beverage industry is preferred.
- Knowledge in the wine industry
- This position may require lifting 40-50 lbs., navigating stairs, crouch down, kneel, moving merchandise and working on ladder.
- Walking stores and to/from your car to a store.
- Be able to drive a reliable care.
- Roles requires solid wine education and knowledge
- Ability to communicate the knowledge to customers,
- Ability to speak and read English well and interpret a variety of documents including correspond with a manager and customers.
- Requires the individual to calculate certain figures including but not limited to; amounts-commissions, discounts, proportion, volume among other amounts.
- Good wine knowledge including viticultural practices and Oenology
- The ability to use; Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Established track record selling wine to customers and working in a retail environment.
- The ability to feel comfortable communication and meeting with management, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have clean Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
- Must have a reliable personal motor vehicle to use for work purposes. (You will be reimbursed for business related driving expenses.)
Chambers & Chambers offers a competitive hourly wage/salary and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 40lK with company matching, paid vacation and holidays. Other perks include a dog-friendly office environment, employee discounts on wine and access to world-class wine tastings and events.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**This position is not eligible for relocation.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.