or_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE); ?>2015 Russiz Superiore Sauvignon
Wine Enthusiast
Russiz Superiore, 2015 Russiz Superiore Sauvignon

90
"Crushed tomato vine, yellow stone fruit and honeydew melon aromas almost jump out of the glass. The ripe medium-bodied palate gives creamy peach and juicy apricot while notes of aromatic herb accent the finish. Dalla Terra Winery Direct. —K.O."
–Sep-17

Russiz Superiore, 2015 Russiz Superiore Sauvignon


Russiz Superiore, 2015 Russiz Superiore Sauvignon

LOGIN
To activate the Trade Zone, please login here.
CUST or REP ID
PASSWORD

Register
Forgot Password?
WINE
2015 Russiz Superiore Sauvignon
Russiz Superiore

100% Sauvignon from Collio DOC

The Collio’s hilly terrain, formed during the Eocene period, is composed of layers of sandstone and loam rock (limestone and clay) that were once the ocean floor. Today the sea, which is about 20 km (12 miles) away, and the nearby Alps send afternoon breezes over the vineyards, cooling the grapes after a warm day of sun.

Proximity to mountains and sea, along with the mineral-rich but poor soils, create the ideal situation for producing complex, well-structured wines that are very ageworthy. These soils are impermeable so rainwater flows off the surface, producing little erosion and preventing standing water.

After harvest, the grapes are separated from the stems. The juice and pulp then undergoes a cold maceration at controlled temperatures, followed by gentle pressing to separate the skin from the grapes. Approximately 15% of the must is fermented in oak barrels and the remaining 85% fermented in stainless steel vats. The wine ages on the lees for 8 months and at least 1 month in the bottle.

Reviews: (rollover to view)


Fact Sheet (download PDF)

Producer Page: Russiz Superiore