2012 Paul Hobbs Cabernet Sauvignon Nathan Coombs Estate
James Suckling Paul Hobbs Winery, 2012 Paul Hobbs Cabernet Sauvignon Nathan Coombs Estate
"A cool and inline red with dark berry, mineral and porcini mushroom character. Full, dense and tight with great fruit and depth. Very long and intense. Drink or hold." –July 2015
Vinous Paul Hobbs Winery, 2012 Paul Hobbs Cabernet Sauvignon Nathan Coombs Estate
"The 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Nathan Coombs Estate Vineyard is deep, dense and explosive. Here, too, the French oak is a bit pronounced, but otherwise this is a fine effort. Graphite, smoke, incense and licorice all burst from the glass. An energetic, tense and vibrant Cabernet Sauvignon, the Nathan Coombs is a fabulous wine, especially for readers who enjoy ample, structured Cabernets. -AG"
Paul Hobbs Winery, 2012 Paul Hobbs Cabernet Sauvignon Nathan Coombs Estate
This inaugural release of Nathan Coombs Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is an ideal introduction to this dynamic Napa Valley vineyard.
- Fruit was hand-harvested & hand-sorted at night
- Fermented in small, closed top, stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts
- 6-day cold soak, 32 days total maceration
- Gentle pumpovers and delestage
- Aged 20 months in new French Oak barrels
- Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered