or_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE); ?>2014 Foxen 7200 Sangiovese Volpino
Wine Enthusiast
Foxen Vineyard & Winery, 2014 Foxen 7200 Sangiovese Volpino

94
"There’s a soft stroke of rosewater to the nose of this single-vineyard bottling as well as raspberry jam, fennel pollen and iron. The palate benefits from strong fennel and white sage, which lifts the berry-fruit and raw-meat flavors. The texture is simultaneously light and penetrating. —M.K."
–Nov-17

Foxen Vineyard & Winery, 2014 Foxen 7200 Sangiovese Volpino


Foxen Vineyard & Winery, 2014 Foxen 7200 Sangiovese Volpino

LOGIN
To activate the Trade Zone, please login here.
CUST or REP ID
PASSWORD

Register
Forgot Password?
WINE
2014 Foxen 7200 Sangiovese Volpino
Foxen Vineyard & Winery

78% Sangiovese
22% Merlot

Foxen's Volpino (meaning "little fox") has become a staple in their '7200' line-up of wines. The wine's 80% Sangiovese comes from Faith Vineyard, located in a small oak-studded valley below Figueroa Mountain. The remainder of the blend (20%) is Merlot from Vogelzang Vineyard in Happy Canyon, used to round out the mouthfeel and soften the Sangiovese’s tannins.

The grapes are whole-berry destemmed as individual lots with 5-day cold maceration. The wine sees 22 months in neutral French oak barrels before being bottled unfined and unfiltered. (350 cases)

Reviews: (rollover to view)


Fact Sheet (download PDF)

Shelf Talker (download PDF)

Producer Page: Foxen Vineyard & Winery