or_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE); ?>Domaine La Barroche
LOGIN
To activate the Trade Zone, please login here.
CUST or REP ID
PASSWORD

Register
Forgot Password?
PRODUCER

Domaine La Barroche
Châteauneuf-du-Pape, France

Dating back to Alexander Barrot’s aquisition of the land in the 17th century, Christian Barrot inherited his family’s 5 ha (3 acres) estate in 1972 and has since grown it to 15 ha (30 acres) spread throughout the northern region of Châteauneufdu- Pape AOC. From the start, Christian knew the value of his terroir and focused on selling his wine in bulk to prestigious wine merchants in the northern Côtes du Rhône. In the early 2000s, Christian’s children, Laetitia and Julien, joined the family business and made the decision to estate bottle their own wine. Today, Laetitia handles the marketing and sales, while Julien, who received degrees in enology and business, is winemaker. Julien’s experience working in other wine regions including Côtes du Rhône, Bordeaux, Languedoc and Australia contributes unique insights to his family’s estate.

The estate’s vineyards are planted in the north/northwest region of the appellation at 120 m above sea level. The region experiences a favorable climate with Mistral winds, exceptional sunshine and little rain. Vines average around 65 years old and primarily consist of Grenache. Nearly 80% of the plots have sandy topsoil with deep limestone, while the other 20% consist of red clay, river stones and red sandstone due to the high presence of iron. The three key parcels at Domaine la Barroche include: “Les Terres Blanches” (Grenache vines on sandy, clay soil mixed with stones); “Les Cabrières” (vines in sandy, marl soil with some clay); “Grand Pierre” (vines near the Rayas slope with fine, sandy soils mixed with red Comtat sandstone). The unique soil types allow the grape varieties to express themselves differently and provide additional intensity and depth to the finished wine. Julien took his father’s non-interventional wine growing to the next level by converting the estate to organic farming (not certified). All fruit is meticulously hand-picked and double-sorted.

Sell Sheet (download PDF)

Sales Materials (view all)

Wines:
2011 Barroche Châteauneuf-du-Pape Signature [BRR300_11]
2012 Barroche Châteauneuf-du-Pape Signature [BRR300_12]
2013 Barroche Châteauneuf-du-Pape 'Signature' AC [BRR300_13]
2014 Barroche Châteauneuf-du-Pape 'Pure' AC [BRR310_14]
2014 Barroche Châteauneuf-du-Pape 'Signature' AC [BRR300_14]
2015 Barroche Châteauneuf-du-Pape 'Pure' AC [BRR310_15]
2015 Barroche Châteauneuf-du-Pape 'Signature' AC [BRR300_15]
2015 Domaine La Barroche 'Liberty' [BRR320_15]