Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants is a San Francisco based wine distributor that has successfully operated in California and Hawaii for over 45 years. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and accomplished wine sales representative, preferably with knowledge of, and/or relationships with, restaurants and retail accounts in the San Francisco Territory. The position available is full time and requires a confident, self-motivated sales representative who has the ability to expand and develop the account base. The territory available is well developed and includes retail, fine dining as well as neighborhood restaurants.
Summary of Duties:
The sales representative position is responsible for building broad based supplier distribution through assigned goals, leveraging the existing account base to increase sales opportunities and capturing increased market share through superior calling efforts and follow up.
- Build and maintain buyer relationships at high profile and top volume accounts through direct calling efforts
- Develop the customer base through superior knowledge of our wines, quality presentations and consistent servicing of accounts
- Regularly conduct sales calls upon existing and potential customers within the assigned territory
- Grow sales placements and revenue within each account by effectively targeting wine lists and retail slot opportunities
- Execute new account goals by implementing an effective cold calling program and following up on qualified leads
- Identify sales opportunities, challenges, and solutions
- Effectively communicate both internally and externally to insure the timely dissemination of information, offerings, last call, vintage changes, etc.
- Conduct staff education events and distribute educational materials in support of the portfolio
- Commit to same day responses to all customer and company communications (including will call orders)
- Execute and support supplier and company with tasting events, and promotions
- Act a primary point person for the assigned territory’s customers with regard to order placement, order discrepancies and other issues
- Actively review sales restrictions and allocations to insure timely response to solicitations and offerings
- Create weekly action plan required to reach sales goals and expand customer base
- Actively participate in monthly sales meetings, individual goal reviews and educational tours of wineries and vineyards
Requirements/Qualifications for this position:
- Minimum of 3 years of fine wine sales experience with a demonstrated record of performance in the region.
- Professional fine wine knowledge with persuasive presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Proven past sales success, ability to maximize opportunities with key accounts and existing contacts/experience within sales territory a plus
- Experience selling wines from the “Old World”, CA, OR, WA, and Argentina
- Must reside within the territory
- Must be goal oriented, well organized, wine passionate, assertive individual that is comfortable cold calling
- A self starter that also responds well to direction
- Proof of an acceptable driving record
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs repetitively
Chambers & Chambers offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 40lK with company matching, paid vacation and holidays. Other perks include a dog-friendly office environment, employee discounts on wine and access to world-class wine tastings and events.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**This position is not eligible for relocation.