Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants is a San Francisco based wine distributor that has successfully operated in California and Hawaii for 45 years. We currently have opportunities in our San Francisco headquarters for full time Delivery Drivers/Warehouse Workers.
Summary of Duties:
As a Warehouse/Delivery Driver you will be expected to fulfill weekly delivery duties to Bay Area restaurants and retailers on one of our established delivery routes. Delivery Drivers are responsible for making timely deliveries in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring invoice accuracy prior to delivery, obtaining proper signatures and identifying any delivery discrepancies (refusals or warehouse errors).
Warehouse duties include pulling and staging customer orders, restocking floor stock and palletizing outbound freight.
- Route deliveries according to territory and delivery time restrictions
- Complete deliveries with positive attitude and customer service approach
- Organize and submit signed daily delivery receipts while notifying Warehouse Manager of any refusals or discrepancies immediately
- Verify and sign for daily delivery load
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and safety/security guidance.
- Perform other related duties, special projects or assignments as required
- Daily delivery requirements include up to 25 delivery stops and unloading from delivery vehicle to properly lower cargo onto dolly for transportation and delivery into customer facility
- Warehouse associate duties in conjunction with deliveries
- Other duties as necessary
Requirements for this position:
- Must be able to safely and independently lift 35–50lbs (reoccurring bases)
- Must be able to load and unload 75-100 cases of wine into delivery van (each weighing up to 50lbs)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High attention to detail with accuracy (checking orders against delivery invoice, noting and errors/refusals and proper delivery routing)
- Previous Bay Area Delivery experience strongly desired, wine industry a plus
- Proof of clean driving record (DMV report required)
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Ability to start early mornings (7am) with flexibility to work over time.
- Frequent use of step-up bumper to access cargo area requires frequent bending of knees and legs
- Clean driving record (DMV report required prior to hire)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Team player, self starter attitude highly desired
In order to be successful in this role the physical demands are an essential function and must be met. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities. The following duties are performed frequently and are required:
- The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Manual lifting and stacking of cases, which constitute the delivery
- Maneuvering of loaded hand truck into customer’s establishment
- Involves driving, seeing, hearing, sitting, use of work related tools, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, reaching, loading and unloading, repetitive lifting, carrying, climbing, bending, pushing, and pulling tasks
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
Chambers & Chambers offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 40lK with company matching, paid vacation and holidays. Other perks include a dog-friendly office environment, employee discounts on wine and access to world-class wine tastings and events.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
**This position is not eligible for relocation.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration